I have been nominated by the lovely Katie and Simone so I will be answering both lots of questions, eek! Do go and check them both out, if you’re a book lover then Katie is for you, and if you love beauty then head over to Simone’s blog.
Both sets of rules were a little different, and I’m going to change it up again by just answering both sets of 11 questions. You are also supposed to write 11 questions and tag 11 bloggers, so what I will do is leave you 11 questions to answer and if you wish to take part then you can do with a tag from me!
1. What’s the last book you read, and what book are you currently reading?
I just finished a book this morning which was Glass Houses (Morganville Vampires) by Rachel Caine. I am currently reading a number of books, The Three by Sarah Lotz, Allegiant by Veronica Roth, Hanns and Rudolf: The German Jew and the Hunt for the Kommandant of Auschwitz by Thomas Harding, The Book Thief by Makus Zusak, and Half Bad by Sally Green. They are the ones which I can remember I’m reading, there are possibly more.
2. How do you organise your TBR pile?
I organise my TBR pile by genre, so that I can go straight to the books which suit the mood I’m in.
3. What is your favourite genre, and why?
I guess my favourite genre would be historical fiction, I love books like The Island, or Tuscan Rose which are set in present day but have a story within them which is set in the past. I really loved Code Name Verity which had two parallel stories in it which were both occurring during the same time.
4. Do you like watching film adaptations of books?
I do enjoy watching film adaptations, but as you’d expect I do get rather annoyed when they miss out parts of the book which I think are important and should have been kept in. It infuriates me when they change the story.
5. If you could live as your favourite character for a day, what would you do?
Oooh, I don’t know which character I’d choose. I’d like to be Fred or George, because I’d be able to cause so much mischief and use magic!
6. Have you met any authors? If not, who would you like to meet?
I met Gervase Phinn when I was in Primary School he came to do a talk and read from a couple of his books.
7. Paperback or Kindle?
I love both, when I’m at home I will generally choose a paperback book to read. I do love to read my Kindle in bed, the cover has a built in light which only lights up the kindle screen so that the rest of my room is dark, and I can stay snug and warm cause I can use the same hand to hold it and turn the pages! I also love my Kindle for travelling, it’s small to fit in my bag but easy to pull out on the train for a read.
8. What is the longest book you’ve read?
I honestly have no idea which book is the longest one I’ve read.
9. What is your favourite book series?
I obviously love Harry Potter, but I also love the Dancers series by Lorna Hill which follows Annette D’ancy, I have only ever owned the first 4 books but have read them a huge number of times.
10. If you opened a book shop, what would you name it?
I’m thinking Tinkerbell’s Treasure Trove of Tomes, just because I really love the alliteration.
11. You’re stuck on an island, and can only have one book to read. What book would you choose?
Only 1 book, are you insane? I think I’d have to cheat and choose a bind up, and I know there isn’t one but a bind up of Harry Potter would suit me through most moods.
1. Do you like your first name? If not, why not?
It’s okay but I also really like the name Mary.
2. Why did you start a blog?
I started a blog because I’d been reading a few and wanted to have a go!
3. Is there anything you won't mention or talk about in your blog?
Nope, I’m sure there will be something's I haven’t talked about but just because I haven’t done it rather than it being something I won’t mention.
4. What makes your blog unique?
It’s written by me! I think the person behind it is what makes each blog unique.
5. Where do you live?
I live on the border of Lancashire and Yorkshire, which makes it pretty handy because I can go to Leeds or Manchester for meets and events.
6. What is your dream job?
My dream job has always been to be a teacher, and I’m on my way towards that.
7. What is your favourite kind of music? Name some of your favourite bands.
I don’t have a favourite kind of music, it’s constantly changing. I’m currently addicted to Colton Dixon, Lady Antebellum, Lucy Zirins, but that’s just what I’m playing in my car at the moment.
8. Who is your biggest inspiration?
A tricky question, I don’t know what is or who is my biggest inspiration
9. Kebabs - yes or no?
10. Do you have any piercings or tattoos? Tell us about them.
I have piercings, my ears, nose, and nipple. There’s nothing to tell really, I wanted them so got them done.
11. What is your favourite pizza topping? Thin crust or deep pan?
Pizza is the evil word! Deep pan is my favourite but you cannot buy gluten free deep pan pizza, I love a classic margarita topping.
1. Your favourite drink to have while reading?
2. Your favourite beauty product?
3. Stationary or shoes?
4. Your favourite TV show?
5. Cooking or baking?
6. Your favourite cocktail?
7. Which blogs do you have to read every time they post?
8. One song you can’t stop listening to on repeat?
9. Wardrobe or floordrobe?
10. One book you would always recommend that others read?
11. What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
I hope you’ve managed to learn a little more about me, and feel free to count yourself as being tagged by me!