A couple of week ago I was tagged by Simone to do this tag, and i’m now finally getting round to doing it. I love reading tags, but I often forget to do them if i’m tagged, but I plan on getting better at that!
1. Who are your most influential bloggers? Who are the ones that you really rely on for reviews and swatches?
I think that all bloggers are influential, it doesn’t take much to have me lusting after yet another product. I love Gemma’s reviews, I know that I can trust her to be honest. I also love Sera’s reviews, again she’s another blogger who I can trust to be honest, and I think that’s the most important thing with doing reviews. If a product has some downsides then I like them to be mentioned so that I can actually weigh up whether a product is worth the money.
2. Do you buy a product solely as a result from one review from your favourite bloggers, or do you look for more reviews from others?
I sometimes buy a product just from one review, but often if I like something then I will take a look for a couple of other reviews. If it is an expensive product then I will definitely take a look at a couple of reviews first, I don’t want to be spending £10+ on a product if it isn’t great. I’m usually quite happy to head to Boots or Superdrug and pick something up off just one review, or general hype.
3. What is your most favourite item that you have ever bought as a consequence of blogs?
I think my favourite item I’ve bought might have to be my Tangle Teezer, I only bought it a couple of weeks ago, but i’m loving using it with my short hair. I also love my first MAC lipstick which I bought last April, my friend got me a gift card because she knew how much I wanted a MAC lipstick. I’d been reading blog posts and lusting after one for months!
4. What is your least favourite item that you have ever bought as a consequence of blogs?
It would have to be the Barry M Gelly nail varnishes, I’ve never got on with them. I find them to just peel off later the same day. I bought one when they first came out, and then decided to try them again a few months later but I get the same result every time. Everyone else seems to love them though.
5) Name 5 products you have bought recently as a result of blogs.
1. Tangle Teezer
2. Soap & Glory Powder Trip (Christmas gifts range)
3. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo
5. Charles Worthington Salon at Home Volume and Bounce Texturising Spray
6) Have you ever given into blogger hype? If so, which hype?
I gave in to the bloggers hype around Lush. Until earlier this year i’d never gone into a store except to pick up gifts for friends. I had been bought a couple of pieces by a friend but never really used them much. 2013 was the year I fell in love with Lush, that love affair is continuing into 2014!
7) Have you ever avoided blogger hype? If so, which hype?
I managed to avoid the hype around the Urban Decay Naked and Naked 2 palettes. However, I have been sucked in by the Naked 3 palette and it will be making its way to my makeup collection.
8) Is everything you buy based on blogger reviews or are there some items you buy without checking out a review?
I often buy products with out checking out reviews. I picked up a number of Illamasqua products without having really heard anything about them. I’d had a wee makeover at the counter and loved the colours of the products they had used so I snapped them up. I don’t regret having purchased them. Usually when i’m picking up a product that i’ve not seen a review on, then it is usually the shade I haven’t seen reviewed but I know if the product itself is good or not.
I tag everyone who wants to do the tag, I usually end up doing them without being tagged in, so now you’re all tagged!